Spalted Maple Oval Bowl | 21"
The maple tree is beloved throughout New England for it’s wood, syrup and vibrant fall foliage. Maple wood is characterized by a smooth grain and unique light color. We upcycle fallen maple trees that are in the early stages of decomposition to get remarkable spalted lines running throughout the wood. Each bowl is a unique masterpiece of nature. These spalted maple oval bowls range are sustainably sourced, upcycled, and handcrafted in New England.
- Sustainably Sourced and Upcycled
- Finish, size, spalting and color may vary
- 100% food safe
- Handcrafted in Massachusetts
- Hand wash with mild soap and towel dry.
- Apply mineral oil once a month to maintain the natural beauty of the wood. These bowls are made with an acrylic food safe finish and should not be oiled.
- Our mineral oil has a beeswax base that adds beauty and protection from everyday wear and tear. Beeswax conditioners help prevent wood from drying out as well as from absorbing too much moisture.
- Prolonged exposure to water can cause damage; please do not submerge in water or place in the dishwasher.
- Common mistakes include letting old fruit and vegetables mold at the bottom of a bowl (this may stain) and putting a bowl/board in the oven.